Sunday, February 6, 2011

Module#3 for EDUC 251

I have taken online class for Geography when I was in highschool. That was my first time to take online class, and it was good experience to use new technology for my external study. To take online class, I bought PDP. Since PDP is portable tool, I could take the class wherever I go. When I was in highschool, there was some free study time to help students to study by themselves. I took PDP that contains my online lectures video files whick I downloaded and took lecture with earphones. (I could download online lecture as video files form) Due to PDP I could use my study time effectively and study what I need externally. At first, I though that taking online class would be hard since I was used to taking oncampus classes. However, the results came out differently what I expected. I could ask questions instantly, and the teacher could answer instantly as well so that I did not need to wait. I was surprised with the result because I should wait for the break time if I have any questions to teachers at school. Since I took that Geography online class, I became interested in online classes. I think online classes can give students more opportunities to manage their own time and schedule because, not like the oncampus class, students don't need to put themselves on fixed class time. Online classes are more flexible than offline classes. I also think that online class will improve the relationship between teachers and students. Since the teacher can focus on individual student's work, the relationship between teachers and students could be closer and concentrated. Sometimes I prefer online classes due to these reasons. I am looking forward to taking EDUC 251 online class in this quarter. I hope I learn alot about eLearning.

1 comment:

  1. Hyerin, this is such an interesting perspective. I'm not familiar with PDP's, but I'm assuming it's a hand held device? It's nice to actually hear from a student and learn how a course and materials are accessed. When we create a course, we make assumptions about the tools they will use, but we could be completely wrong. I know sometimes I forget that there are students who have to use public computers at schools and libraries to access the course.

    ReplyDelete